2009-02-16

NASCAR and Rain

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan. Parts of it are mildly entertaining, but really how hard is it to turn left repeatedly?

This weekend was one of NASCAR's premiere events - the Dayton 500. I had it on in the background while I was working on the computer. I must say, who in NASCAR approved the singer for the National Anthem. It was maybe the worst I've ever heard. Big thumbs down for that. There were a couple of cool wrecks (that is why we all watch, right?). But at the end of race they had to stop because it was raining. Really? Rain? Put some rain tire on those cars and keep going. Formula 1 runs in the rain and they have open cockpits. Even the motorcycles run in the rain.

I don't think it's a real sport until you can play/race when conditions aren't just perfect. I'm just saying...

3 comments:

Andrew said...

...as someone who has stood several times at a circuit and watched motorbikes not only turn right (and left, and right again, often at great speeds shortly after the last turn!) but also manage to do this whilst it was raining heavily (and even to overtake each other at the same time!), I couldn't agree more...

Unknown said...

I guess that means baseball isn't a real sport either. I like where your head's at.

Bill A said...

I wondered if anyone would make the baseball connection. I didn't want to trash two major sports in one post, but you caught on.